McKenzie started her first day of Kindergarten at Mesa Elementary on August 16th. It was bitter sweet for me because she is now away from home more than she is at home. I miss her sweet smile and seeing her play so nicely with Adrie. It's been a very good thing for her though and she is thriving! She jumps out of bed, excited for another day at school! In her class this year, she has 2 girls that were in her Preschool class last year, 2 boys that are in her Primary class and then her best friend Kylie that lived across the street. I was able to take her to her classroom the first day and get a couple of pictures. I did much better than I expected too, I only shed a few tears. I thought I was going to have a meltdown when I dropped her off. Adrie has also done better than I thought she would. I figured she would totally miss Kenzie while she was at school, but she plays so good by herself. She's actually better behaved too, no one to fight with! I've enjoyed having more one on one time with her too. I'm SOO blessed to be home and get to share special experiences with my girls everyday.

2 comments:
Jack and Kenzie are so big and that class will be a hoot to hear about!
I can't believe she's already old enough! She looks too cute!
Post a Comment