True Love Always

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 3, 2009

Here I go again...

Last Sunday I spent about 1/2 hour typing up 5 or 6 paragraphs about what was going on lately. You can imagine my RAGE when I somehow deleted the WHOLE thing right before I posted it. Unfortunately it automatically saved it BLANK before I could undo the last action. I guess that feature can be a blessing AND a curse!

Things here are great! We LOVE it here in Clovis still and are staying pretty busy. McKenzie is still a fireball!! She spends her time riding the new Princess bike she got for her birthday, coloring with sidewalk chalk, going back and forth to the neighbors houses and pestering Adrie and Hayzen. She is still a ton of fun though and I love her sweet, outgoing spirit. She is very excited about starting school in 2 weeks and I am even more excited to have her there a couple days a week!!

Adrie is getting so big! Well, I should say tall because she still only weighed 23 lbs at 19 months. She's still maintaining 25th percentile for weight, but moved up from 50th to 75th percentile for height. She's getting to have such a cute personality! She has become good friends with Kenzie (most of the time) and shares her sisters love for Shrek! She's started to say a few words, but when you have a sibling that does all the talking for you, what's the point in doing it yourself? We've started teaching her sign language for the basics like please, thank-you, milk, water, more, etc.. It helps me to know what she wants and keeps her from pointing and screaming as much. She does say most of the animals sounds which I love! That was one of my favorite things about when Kenzie started talking too!

Ryan is still on the night shift at work (midnight-8am) so that has been difficult for all of us sometimes. I love having him home during the day when he's awake and can have fun with us, but when he goes to sleep it's hard to keep the kids quiet. Especially since I watch Hayzen a couple of days a week. Ryan is such a trooper and I'm grateful that he goes to work on such a minimal amount of sleep. I guess he at least likes his job and that's it's less stressful than his last one. Starting in Sept he'll move back to days so I'm looking forward to getting back to a more normal routine.

I'm staying pretty busy between taking care of the girls, watching Lindsay's little boy Hayzen, being the 2nd counselor in the Primary presidency and all the other things that go along with trying to be a good wife and mother. I still LOVE our new house and enjoy having a great back yard as well as a vegetable garden. I have found pulling weeds to be therapeutic so I like spending time out there, not to mention the great tan I'm getting. Well, a good tan for me! At least I'm not the color of brand new tighty whiteys any more.

My goal is to start updating the blog at least once a week. Since I've missed so much of the year, I'm going to go back and post things all the way back to Christmas. I realize this will put things out of chronological order, but I figure that it's better to post them anyway. Since we're so far from most of our family, I want them to be able to enjoy pics and videos of the girls regardless of when they took place. We are so grateful to be doing so well and to be living in a place that we love! We have met some of the most awesome people EVER since moving here! I count my blessings everyday!

2 comments:

~The J Crew~ said...

I am so glad that you updated...it's about time! I am sad that you and Lindsay are so far away, I miss you guys a ton! I am glad to hear that youare both doing well. What is going to take to get you and your little family to vome visit? What about the sale? Do you think I can talk you into coming and helping? How are we going to pull it off wiothout you? Remember how much fun we had last year? Don't be a stranger...call me sometime!

Tawnya said...

Yeah! You updated! I miss you guys and you're little ones! It sounds like you are doing so well and love it down there. When are you going to come back and visit?